"Words have the power to both destroy and heal. When words are both true and kind, they can change our world." - The Buddha

About Me

An oblivion of thousand souls...

Friday, February 29, 2008

Words of Encouragement

Today a friend called. It has been a while since we’ve seen each other. She was still in the office when I first met my baby. She used to be one of those people who would always ridicule on me for what I am doing. “How can you fall in love to someone whom you haven’t seen in flesh?” or perhaps, “What is the use of us being here, you are always on the phone... don’t waste your time to someone you still haven’t met!”; those were some of the not-so-good statements I hear from my own friends. Those were actually moderate, I still am not mentioning what I get from my other “so-called” friends. Anyway, so my friend phoned me yesterday. She asked about how I am. I kind of mention to her that I will be leaving soon to work in Boracay. She was surprised and sad thinking that it will even become more difficult for us to see each other. Finally, she asked about how my “love life” is going. I said it’s OK. She asked if it’s still the same one I was before she left the company. I told her yes. But things don’t come pretty easy lately. I told her it is almost two months now since he last messaged me. “Nuts! That simply means he’s gone. It’s no more you and him!”. I told her, “No! He made a promise.” “Promised what?!!”.. “That he’ll come back!”.. “NUTS!!!”

But I bear all that. I bear every word other people are saying, what hurts me more is when those words come from the lips of those who I care about. Some sometimes even makes me look like a moron, but I don’t give a fuck. Why? Because I trust you and I know you are there. You will always be there... I know it is also my fault. That is what you always tell me... but you are right. What is the reason why I still tell them about us when I know that those are the reactions I am to get? Maybe because they are my friends... and they deserve to know the truth.

Everyday, whenever I check my yahoo email, I am wishing that at least one of those messages came from you. I am hoping that there will a small sign that you are still thinking about me. But for the last 7 weeks, I failed to get any message from you. You are not even logging in to your account in Friendster. This then even is making me so worried about you. I am praying to the Mighty God above to always take care of you and keep you from harm. Is love truly a gift? Some people even say it’s a curse. But to me, I am just thankful I came across you and found out what it feels like to love and be loved. God knows how much I want to share the remaining breath I have with you. But if you have other plans now and you would like to start a new, please get back to me so we can close this chapter of our lives that is still left unfinished. You know how much I love you and I can give you my life if you just ask me to.

I hope someday you will be able to read these words. Inspired by no other than you. I hope the world will know that true love really exist; that it can also exist in the least expected way there is. I hope someday you will tell them our story.

No comments: