"Words have the power to both destroy and heal. When words are both true and kind, they can change our world." - The Buddha

About Me

An oblivion of thousand souls...

Friday, February 29, 2008

Ridding an Iron Pig

I wasn’t able to go to work today. I just don’t feel like going anymore. I better not say this or Discovery Shores might think of it negatively and reconsider if they should really hire me. I’m sure Kristine will be furious on me. She cooked dinner and something that we can pack for lunch in the office but I didn’t go. It will now all go to waste. I better be prepared for whatever she is going to say later... uh-oh!

While slumbering, my Uncle Peche’s call woke me up. He asked me if I really want to go to Spain. He said he met a guy who can make arrangement and assess my papers. I wouldn’t have to wait long because we will pay that man and he will take care of what needs to be signed. He will be the one to look for a company that will sign my papers so I can get there. Euro 3000 is what he is asking as payment for his service. That is around Php 260, 000... I wonder where I am going to get that. My uncle said he is initially just asking for half then I can just pay the other half when I am already in Spain. He said he will help in putting up the Euro 1500. He wants me to send him my documents and papers thru his email. I told my uncle I am going to work now in Boracay in a 6-star hotel. Maybe my experience there would be enough for him to bring me to Spain in the future. But he is so excited with the idea of him getting that help from that man since it will not take long. I will just have to wait until April.

I probably will decline my Uncle’s offer for now. Once I sign the contract at Discovery Shores, I will be under a bond of Php 30, 000.00 for 18 months. I can’t just leave. If I won’t accept the job in Boracay and will just wait for my Uncle’s help, I can’t also do that. I can’t just wait neither. Besides, when he said that he will “help” in putting up half of the amount the man is asking, that simply mean we have to put up quite an amount too! What will we do? Use the money my parents had saved so I can leave and then what? There is still no certainty on what I will do there or how much money I can earn. There is also a balance I still need to pay that man whose offering “help”. I don’t know how to consider a man asking for your two month’s salary is just helping you. But let’s not go there. I dont’ want to gamble the money my parents had saved and be in Spain endlessly worrying on how they are earning for their food. My brother is now graduating from college and it won’t be long he will also have a job. Maybe it will be better if he can be the one to go to Spain once he earn his title. Maybe it will be a greater opportunity and a better move. I am after the welfare of my parents and I am sure two years here in the country won’t be so long to gain enough experience and be more competitive if I need to secure myself a better position in the hospitality industry.

I remember I asked my uncle, “How far is Italy from Spain?”. He said you can take a bullet train and be there in a few hours. Baby, as much as I want to see you... That will have to wait. You are more precious than my life but like my family is as important to me as you are.

1 comment: