"Words have the power to both destroy and heal. When words are both true and kind, they can change our world." - The Buddha

About Me

An oblivion of thousand souls...

Friday, February 29, 2008

A Dream of my Brother and a Friend

Maybe I am sad that I am leaving. No matter how excited I am to start my voyage there is still a part of me that wants to stay. It wants to stay with those that I love and care the most. I am not afraid of change. I sometimes am furious but never afraid. This morning I woke up from a very strange dream.

In my dream, I saw my brother... Jayson. He heads off to a duel with a 40 year old man. A stranger. The man has this suspicious aura all around him. He is neither into a duel of guns nor fists but instead a playing cards. My brother is off to a gamble. I asked him, “Are you sure you want to do this?” I couldn't remember if it was “want” or “can” that I asked him for both are non-sense question. I know my brother well. Even if you say No if that is what he want, he will do it. Nothing can stop him. About the question “can”, well there is a simple answer to that: My brothers intellect is far more than the 3 folds of mine. Until now he never fails to amuse me or my parents of his knowledge and wisdom. So off he go and sat under the shade of the small sampaloc tree in front of our former house. The stranger followed and sat there too. Needless to say, he won and beat that old man. Next thing, I saw myself and Jayson riding an empty cart pulled by a horse. The horse was running fast and the cart is swaying from one side of the road to the other. It was a dirt road with lots of stones and pebbles situated in the middle of an inhabited forest. The man running the horse was a friend of mine. Indeed, my “straight” best friend. (He is the only straight guy who I call my best friend.) Towards where we are going, I can see village people waiting. It don’t look like they are new to me. It seems that we or I have been there a few times before. As we arrived, I found out that the place we went to is an academy. People go there to study. The next thing I know is that there was a small table in the middle of the quadrangular field. The school building is built enclosing the quadrangular field. I and Marion are eating on the small wooden table which I believe the size is good for a maximum of six people. There was a woman eating together with us who seems to own the whole place. She is wearing a ragged long dress and occupying one side of the table with her leg raised on her seat. We seems to be her guest. Jayson on the other hand might have already gone to his class.

I don’t know if the dream mean anything at all. But two things are certain. I miss my friend Marion and I will miss my brother so much once I leave to that island.

No comments: